let your light shine

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."

JESUS, son of God: shall save his people from their sins.

Saturday, April 29, 2017

Some All Time Favorite Kids' Movies

You won't regret, if get a hold of one of these.
............................................................................................
Let's start with the original Disney movie, "Jungle Book."
If you have not seen this jewel, YOU NEED TO.  The characters, animation, MUSIC and song are cheerful, FUN, catchy, endearing.  Want a feel good movie for a rainy day? First produced in the 1960's, as far as I am concerned, this belongs at the top of all time animation accomplishment for kids.  Put this one on and BE HAPPY 💙💙💙💙
.................................................................................................

Then there is the AMAZING Disney classic, "Swiss Family Robinson."  There have been some remakes, but I don't know why.  This one is pristine.
The scenery is breathtaking.  The story-line  and photography is captivating, and of course the classic story comes to life.  I promise, the treehouse will speak to you and you will likely have sweet dreams the night you see this movie with your family.💙💙💙💙
.................................................................................................

Then there is the wonderful classic, "Chitty-Chitty Bang Bang."  How do I tell what I liked best about this movie?
It is hard for me to fathom, but I realize it is true, there are younger generations who have not heard or seen this movie. It is another one from my childhood (child of 60s and 70s).  The music, songs, settings, interesting and quirky characters, as well as the adventure,  are simply a feast for the imagination, eyes and ears.  I have watched it over and over and over, with my kids and consider it a PARTY.💙💙💙💙.....................................................................

A fairly recent movie that captured my heart is this crude tale.
The dynamic functional and dysfunctional members of this funny family, represent some timeless themes of family dynamics, survival, and love.  I laughed and was thoroughly entertained the first time I saw this movie, as was my then 9 year old daughter, and 80 year old father, the first time we saw it.  In the end something happens that touched me deeply.  I cried happy, "That's the stuff of LIFE," tears.  It's a winner!💙💙💙💙
.................................................................................................

Now this one is one the best movies, ever, about real life content.  I recommend it be viewed with parents, and savored with children who have some maturity.  It's an awesome movie for teens:
See this movie, and be inspired  by the character of Rachel Joy, to persevere, and live with love and faith, to finish the race.  When our little group finished this movie, (daughter's early 13th birthday present at her request) we held hands and prayed............. May you and yours, as well.💙💙💙💙


No comments:

Post a Comment

Grandma Mary Martha: Do Share the Flowers !!

Grandma Mary Martha: Do Share the Flowers !! : Have you ever read Gary Chapman's book, The Five Love Languages  ?  You should read it un...