let your light shine

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."

JESUS, son of God: shall save his people from their sins.

Friday, May 5, 2017

Gettin' My Green on............ and other Healthy food to go....

Here is what we have had for lunch lately.  If only I didn't bomb my intake in the evenings.  Mornings and lunch, I do pretty well.  It is in the evenings, after workday, that I make my  monumental menu mistakes (let's not discuss that here now.)
 To the left was my lunch:carrots, celery, green onions, yellow pepper, sunflower seeds, and dressing not pictured.............
.....................
Below, is my daughter's lunch.  She has carrots, apple, sunflower seeds, Ranch dressing, and because "she likes it, and she CAN,"  (I can't), she also gets two slices of cheese.


This is how I enjoyed mine:


Dip veggie in dressing, and then sunflower seeds........... Apples for dessert!

Below, are another day:


Another day, I had roast beef wrap with side of carrots and apple. I enjoyed this very much!  (Like my Grannie S. said, "Waste not. Want not."  I don't peel my carrots, I scrub them instead. Peels are wasted if just trashed.)

You can put whatever meat and veggies that you want in your wrap bread or tortilla.  I did a thin layer of roast beef slices, then green onion and ranch dressing.  It was yummy yummy for ME.  The peanut butter apple slices was for a stashed snack at work.  I haven't eaten it yet. It's a classic ya'll !


Now above was an interesting school lunch:
To the left was my daughter's.  She had apple slices, a wrap with nothing in it but a smearing of cream cheese, and the mystery ingredient is HONEY ROASTED PEANUTS.  My lunch was carrot, green onion, celery and boiled egg.  
The price advantage of these choices should not me missed.  A large reason why we do it:
Eating lunch out (or in our case "at school," or from delivery restaurant) costs from $4 to $10.  The lunches we packed, probably cost around $2 each!!  The savings adds up, and is appreciated here, and the nutrition is wholesome and wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grandma Mary Martha: Do Share the Flowers !!

Grandma Mary Martha: Do Share the Flowers !! : Have you ever read Gary Chapman's book, The Five Love Languages  ?  You should read it un...